Draftsperson/Client Liaison/Production Assistant
Grand Home Solutions, Inc, a GC Design Build/Historic Renovation Company that just keeps growing & growing.
Do you want a Rewarding, Challenging, Fun, Positive, Fast Paced environment? Would you love to work in residential construction and home design? Does teaming up with clients to make their vision a reality by selection of unique materials, create new finishes for their dream kitchen, bath or entire home interest you? Then this may be the opportunity for you
Virginia Tile Company is growing! As one of the premier providers of ceramic tile and natural stone, we represent the finest manufacturers and suppliers in the industry and have set the standards for style, design, and attention to the requirements of our clients. We have an opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Showroom Design Consultant in our St. Louis, MO showroom.
As the Showroom Design Consultant, you are responsible for assisting consumers, contractors, and designers in selecting products with their tile projects in order to achieve desired design objectives.
· Ability to handle multiple projects while keeping extremely organized
· Ability to establish high level of trust/credibility quickly and effectively
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to identify, build, and expand new sales opportunities
· Ability to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
By working according to our Guiding Principles, you will…
· Provide recommendations to meet space, style, and cost requirements
· Deliver exceptional customer service by exceeding customer expectations
· Continually update and maintain knowledge of products including porcelain tile, natural stone, glass and Artisan Ceramics
· Maintain and merchandise the appearance of the showroom by keeping showroom displays visually exciting and enticing
· Maintain knowledge of competitors and their products
· Maintain literature, price lists, samples, supplies and display boards
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Business, Marketing/related field or equivalent successful sales experience in practices and methods.
· Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Art or equivalent experience and training
· Two or more years of sales experience preferred
· Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Exposure to Building Materials, Architecture/Design, and Interior Finishes preferred
· Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Client service oriented
· Organized and detail oriented
· Experience in interior design strongly preferred
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Basic math, computer and office skills, iOS experience preferred
Our Guiding Principles
1. Value Creator
2. Integrity and Trust
4. Accountable and Responsible
6. Self- Development
7. Customer Focus
8. Entrepreneurial Spirit
To be considered, you must include salary requirements and cover letter with your resume submission.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
Virginia Tile is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected class. We offer exciting career opportunities and a team-oriented work environment.
Job Title: Art Consultant
Reports to: Design Director
Location: St. Louis, MO – Some travel is required
Hours 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday – Friday
ARCH Design is a rapidly growing designer and manufacturer of custom framed artwork that seeks to hire an Art Consultant to join our Design Team.
Do you strike that rare balance between creative and analytical thinking? Our multi-talented Design Team members have demonstrated experience in project management and varied creative backgrounds, including art consultation, graphic design, and interior design. We’re rethinking how art can enhance healthcare, senior living, hospitality and commercial office environments. We are excited to learn how you can contribute!
As an Art Consultant, you will work closely with corporate clients to ensure that the art achieves their goals, and enhances the client experience all while staying in budget. When creating custom art packages, you focus on how the work will look in the built environment and are also able to help clients visualize the end result. It is essential that you can effectively communicate art and design concepts to clients, whether you’re giving them a formal presentation or chatting on a site walk.
This position also requires effective communication with Design Team members and other internal departments, including Sales, Procurement, Production, Delivery and Installation, as well as artists, galleries and other outside vendors and sub-contractors. Attention to detail and outstanding time management skills are a must. You can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, stay on top of correspondence, keep meticulous records, develop and oversee budgets, review estimates and close large projects. And you never miss a deadline.
There’s room for you to develop as an expert in art consultation in this fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. So, if you’re a team player who has lots of initiative, we want to hear from you.
BA, BFA or BS in graphic design, interior design, art history, or experience in art consultation or art gallery field.
3-5 years of work experience in a relevant creative field
Experience with interpreting client’s needs and communicating art or design solutions with thorough understanding of design principles, art history and built environment.
Experience in project management, including developing budgets, timelines, estimates and proposals for clients
Ability to interpret floor plans and elevations
Receptive to and able to interpret client and team feedback
Strong communication skills and desire to work in a collaborative, team environment
Excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail
High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac OS X
5+ years of work experience in art consultation, interior design, graphic design, art history or art gallery field.
Familiarity with custom framing, scaling artwork according to environment, digital image management and art installation
Ability to negotiate with artists, vendors and clients
Experience in working with fine artists to develop commissioned artwork.
Ability to communicate clearly across departments and with different clients
Experience in sales or account management
Outstanding problem-solving ability and high tolerance for ambiguity
Demonstrated experience closing projects within healthcare or senior living industry
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, In Design, PlanGrid, AutoCAD or Revit
Familiarity with Salesforce or other project management software
Evidence Based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC)